- You can register in person at the Monroe County Board of Elections, 39 W. Main Street, Rochester (Mondays through Fridays, 9 AM to 5 PM)
- You can call (585) 753-1550 to request a voter application be mailed to you.
- You can send an email to request a voter application be mailed to you.
- You can download a NYS Voter Registration Form. Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail to the Monroe County Board of Elections, 39 W. Main Street, Rochester, NY 14614
Your completed application must be mailed or delivered to Monroe County Board of Elections no later than 25 days before the election in which you want to vote.
What are the qualifications to register to vote?
- You must be 18 years of age by the date of the election in which you want to vote
- You must be a United States Citizen
- You must be a resident of Monroe County for 30 days prior to the election
- You must not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction
- You must not be claiming the right to vote elsewhere
Where do I go to vote?
The Town Clerk's staff are able to answer questions regarding your election district, polling site locations, and voting hours. Please call (585) 248-6211 for their assistance.
What are the qualifications for absentee voters?
A voter may qualify to vote by absentee ballot if their duties, occupation, business or vacation requires them to be absent from their county of residence on Election Day or if they will be confined by illness, physical disability or for some other reason either on a temporary or permanent basis.
Download an application form.
How do I change my party enrollment or other information?
- Once you register, you are permanently registered unless you move.
- Name, address or party enrollment changes can be made by submitting a new registration form.
- If you move, your notice of change of address must be received by the Board of Elections up to:
- 25 days before the election in which you seek to vote if mailed.
- Or, 20 days before the election in which you seek to vote if applying in person.
- After notifying the County Board of Elections you may call for your new polling site where you will be allowed to vote on a paper ballot.
- A change of enrollment takes effect following the first general election occurring at least 25 days after the form is filed.
Where can I pick up a voter registration application in Pittsford?
Registration forms are available at Town Hall, 11 S. Main Street, the Community Library, 24 State Street, at Wegmans on Monroe Avenue, at most banks and the Pittsford Post Office, 5607 Palmyra Road, Pittsford –